Thursday, April 2, 2009

Brobama in Bohemia

As I leave for the weekend, Prague shuts down. It could be that Prague holds the seat of the EU presidency, currently, and Obama is to make his first speech in Europe as president. All of the American students I'm here with are enthused to get up early and hike it to the castle for our president's public speech. The Czech professors and students seem less eager, stating that "it will be on TV." Fair enough. Glad I am missing the security and closings-off and crowds, disappointed I'll be missing the speech, but quite looking forward to my weekend. I can always catch Obama stateside.

Some more detailed links if any are interested:

Prague Prepares for Obama Visit


Want to see Obama? Get up early and bring nothing

Barack Obama's Prague Trip News

Dobrou noc.

No comments:

Post a Comment