Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bratislava

Truth: This is not Bratislava. This is NATURE. I believe we saw it on our way to Bratislava. (I could well be wrong.) Not true nature, rather man-made. An English garden built out of bog and romanticism. Either way, I'll take it.

We strolled in the sun (some without coats!) and a few climbed to the top of a minaret erected to agitate surrounding Christians and that is where I found this view.

In Bratislava we stayed in a botel (boat + hotel, pure class) on the Danube and had a brief tour. Though the Czech Republic and Slovakia were once the same country(in a sense), you could feel a difference with currency and discrepancies in language (apparently the Czechs and the Slovaks can understand each other, but the language is not the same; I can understand neither). I wish I had seen more of how much these countries share and how much they distinguish themselves from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment