Friday, March 13, 2009

Let there be light.


Today I walked around for quite a long time. It started out cloudy but ended with sun, and so was pleasant. Before heading away from the river toward the center of New Town I got a picture of this piece I'd been intrigued by since the first week I got here. It's part of a project focusing on "light art" (your guess is as good as mine) called Transparency in celebration of the Czech Republic's EU Presidency which will last until the end of June. I think I have missed a couple of Transparency installments already, but am going to do a little research and try and visit other light art. Having passed this on many a cloudy day, the glow it had in the springy sunlight was something new, illuminating this fractured figure, and entirely welcome. I can't wait for more light (art) in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment